Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Sonic, traffic, and parking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Sonic, traffic, and parking

    Whomever designed the Sonic location needs a swift kick to the naughty bits.

    First you've got drive-in slots back to back. A sure recipe for collisions as most people don't bother to look behind them before backing out.

    Second you've got curbs crowded with parked vehicles thanks to their little dining area and no other onsite parking.

    Finally you've got the traffic clstrfk created by both. Thankfully that road isn't heavily traveled. YET.

    Glad there is finally another restaurant there after only two years of waiting (been to exit 7 lately?), but sometimes I wonder about those in control of the land and their foresight.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ndn_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2006
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sonic, traffic, and parking

    I noticed that just tonight. People are straight-up parking in the road!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sonic, traffic, and parking

    I believe it's the employees parking in the road.
    At least the two times I was there I saw employees parking there and walking in. But I would guess they're told to since they need space for customers.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sonic, traffic, and parking

    That is where the employees park. Sonic had to be designed that way, because of the such small lot they had available to build on. I've not run into any problem yet.
    It's fine.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sonic, traffic, and parking

    nah its not fine, I watched 2 cars back out at the same time on opposite sides right in front of me. There are going to be some accidents there, no doubt about it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sonic, traffic, and parking

    as long as the accident doesn't bother me, it's fine. For what they had to work with, it's okay. If the lovely people who own the land up there, would cut their price a lot more would move here and have more area to build on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •